Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a CMAX TCDI 1.6 2012 and its done 86000.

Over the last month or so i've encountered an odd issue when trying to engage a gear. At seemingly random times, when i depress the catch i can not select a gear - it doesn't let me go past the synchro. I've tried putting it back to neutral and release the clutch then try again and the same thing happens. I then turn the engine off and restart it. When i do that it all goes back to normal and everything fine. It's done this about 3 times in the last 6 weeks and its used everyday.

There are no grinding noises or weird sounds coming from it when it happens so i don't think its gearbox related. I've done a visual inspection of the master and slave cylinder and they don't seem to be leaking so maybe i have an airlock in the system somewhere that prevents the clutch disengaging fully sometimes?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
hi there.
is it only 1st gear when pulling away? i have had a few where the pressure plate splines get a thin layer of rust on them causing the pressure plate to stick. this giving you clutch drag and making it difficult selecting first or reverse from time to time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts