Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my son was sick on the back seat of the car while on the motorway. we managed to get to a service station and cleaned as much as we could off the seat. When I got homeI used a branded cleaner to remove any marks. After the seats dried there were, and still are, marks on the back seat. Does any one have any good tips to get stubborn marks of the seats and to give a good deep clean? many thanks.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Was the branded cleaner a carpet shampoo?
Given that the constitution of the material will not be a lot different to some carpet

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The other thought
Have you got a local private hire taxi firm who must have had to solve such problems before that might be prepared to answer the question

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would go with Richards carpet cleaner and a vax if you have one or can borrow one worked great in the back of a granada i used to have .

·
Registered
38 Posts
lazyb said:
I would go with Richards carpet cleaner and a vax if you have one or can borrow one worked great in the back of a granada i used to have .
I second the Vax. I have used this on various occasions and it works a treat.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Even better solution to this...... Get Leather Seats....

NO seriously go for the carpet cleaner, you might even be able to hire on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it a Zetec? And are they just faint marks? If so then it's just a feature of the upholstery - it's rubbish in that it watermarks so easily. Gently damp the whole area and let it dry off slowly with a bit of damp kitchen paper covering it.

If it's a proper stain, then try some of the suggestions above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts