Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking for some clarification regarding the under floor foam spacer for use when fitting a childseat.
I read some stuff on here, and since I’m the manual which has got me confused. Car is a 2011 1.6 titanium.
It says to make sure the foam spacer is in place....looking under the lids on the floor, I have nothing on the passenger side, and on the right hand side I have a small foam, which is bolted down with a torx screw - It looks like it has a cut out to hold a towing eye, but it doesn’t fill the entire compartment. Is this the right bit that needs to be fitted? And does this mean I can only fit a seat on the drivers side? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, anyone? Seem to find images for a 2010 model but nothing for later years?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I covered this topic a while ago, the foam fillers are to support the lid for a child seat with a support strut.
I got round the issue with a sheet of 25mm MDF cut to cover the floor above the lid, it was about 25mm bigger than the lid all round so it was supported by the floor and not the lid.
In my opinion it's strong enough to support the strut on its own but you could fill the storage space with books or magazines to match the height to the lid.
That should be sufficient to cover the issue of strengthening the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts