Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help i have a 2013 titanium keep getting on the display child lock malfunction been back to ford for software update has not done it fora few weeks then this morning it came. On but car would not start had to disconnect the battery to reboot the system

·
Registered
406 Posts
All I can say is take it back to the dealer (Bristol Street Stoke?) and get them redo the updates. This was common on the early MK3 models but a software update released in April 2011 supposedly cured it. I say supposedly as my car, built 28/11/11, had the fault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2011 Ecoboost just developed the same fault, it also caused the battery to completely drain, I have it booked in at the dealers Friday morning, hopefully they will be able to fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 63 plate 1.6 TDCI has just displayed the Child Lock Malfunction message. It has done it before some time ago. Both times it was reset by pressing and holding the child lock button twice with the ignition on.
On this occasion it was after I was servicing the car, which meant the car was unlocked with bonnet open, but doors closed, for long periods of time. I have seen references to batteries being disconnected or being flat having caused the problem. In my case the battery was not disconnected or flat and the car started with no sign of it being low.
So their may have been a drain on the battery over along period of time that caused the voltage to drop enough to trigger the problem, but this voltage drop is probably quite small. I did not have the radio on or use an inspection light.
The first occasion may well have been under similar circumstances where the car was unlocked for a long period.
Has anybody else found the problem occurring when the car has been unlocked for long periods, or another reason for electrical drain over a long period?
Does anybody know what electrical systems are active when the car is unlocked and the ignition off?
Stefan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: once again the Child Lock Malfunction message has appeared. It appeared immediately after the car was left unlocked for a long period of time (accidentally this time). Reset again. I'm hoping to do some more servicing soon so I will hopefully remember to check the voltage available before and after, so if the warning appears again we will have some idea how much of a voltage drop is required, if it is that, to cause the message to appear.

Stefan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have these issues on my 2010 titanium 1.6t ecoboost. Child safety lock malfunction light coming on but I could clear it by pressing the button. Then, it stayed on and there is no power to the rear O/S door windows or C/L. Yesterday the car would not start at all on the power button, no ignition. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it then the car started as normal. Child lock malfunction light still permanently on though and no power to rear door?

Any ideas?
Frosty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: once again the Child Lock Malfunction message has appeared. It appeared immediately after the car was left unlocked for a long period of time (accidentally this time). Reset again. I'm hoping to do some more servicing soon so I will hopefully remember to check the voltage available before and after, so if the warning appears again we will have some idea how much of a voltage drop is required, if it is that, to cause the message to appear.

Stefan.
Late to the party on this one, but can confirm what Stefan has said in case it is of use to anyone else later. I've had a 63 plate Grand C-Max for eight months. No problems until I got furloughed and it's been sat on the drive a lot. I got this message after accidentally leaving the car unlocked on the drive all day. I suspect this combined with low battery level, due to not driving it daily, is a contributing cause. Happened twice in a couple of weeks.
I've resolved it each time by pressing the window/child lock button on the drivers door arm rest a couple of times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats all i ever do is press the door lock button on the armrest and it clears it. This always occurs on mine when i was the car and direct the hose at glass in wing mirror. Think water might drip down the wires in mirror resulting in error code

1 - 11 of 11 Posts