Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Cmax 1.8 Zetec (53 reg) for about 5 months now. I cannot figure out how to change the time and date... currently set to 2003!

Does anyone know how?

I've been through the menu's and can't figure it out - it's supposed to be RDS isn't it? Does it itself?

I'm struggling and any guidance would be most appreicated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes, repeatedly press the menu until the date option, then the time option appear. Then use the round volume control to scroll and correct. It may take a few attempts as the menu options are a bit tricky to obtain, so you need patience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried this and all that happens is that the volume goes up... I can see the date and time and when moving the volume control, it just gets louder

Do I need to have it on the radio or any other special points to note?

Cheers all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hmmm. Nothing about this radio, etc, is intuitive, I'm afraid. It took me ages to do precisely what you are trying to do. Radio should be on, obviously. Press menu until you get to 'date'. Press menu again and you should get 'vehicle ID'. Press menu again to get the actual ID number. Now it gets tricky. Press again but keep your finger on the menu until you see the dates flashing. You should now be able to adjust 'date' with the volume knob. Press again and you should be able to the adjust 'time', when the numbers flash with the volume knob. Best of luck, you'll need it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Romseyraver - cheers for the info - I did manage to do this however. I wasn't aware there were additional 'sub-menus' by holding the bl***dy menu button... who designed this thing?

I'm considering ripping it out in favour of a standard size MP3 unit now anyway!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yup, it's a pig. Elsewhere on the site there are topics about fitting a sony radio/cd/mp3 head unit, which I understand simply replaces the existing and sounds much better, apparently.
Edited by: romseyraver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts