Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again

As you can see I have only had my CMax a few weeks and received ome helpful hints as a new to Ford member.

Just one more thing and I have tried everything in the book and on the menu to sort this.

All the display is in miles (not kilometres) BUT on the display between the speedo and the rev counter it still shows the outside temp in Farenheit! I have not used this for years and we use Celcius in UK now.

The handbook says that this can be changed individually using the menu control by the steering wheel but I have tried everything.

I know this is rather petty but CAN it be altered and if so will anyone tell me in simple terms how to alter it.

Thanks all

Gordon M

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, the manual is not too helpful, is it? I see the bit claiming the outside temperature can be toggled separately from the main metric/imperial but there are no instructions on the referenced page how to do this!

A web search suggests that if you hold the button for a long time (up to 10s) when the temperature is on the display, it'll change units. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 04ghia

Well - I did that and held down the srt button at end of stalk and after 5 secs it changed to celcius.

Well done

Gordon M

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice one. When I'm king, Fahrenheit will be banned for being a silly unit; anyone even mentioning Rankine (to °F as Kelvin is to °C) will be summarily shot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The press and media would be lost without Fahrenheit, they always default to Fahrenheit when hot "in the 90's" and back to centigrade when cold "-10".
On a serious note well Sussed out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 cmax titanium. The climate control is in farenheit. I've looked at these forums and sat in the cold last night pressing every button on the dash and can't find the way to change to a sensible method of measuring temperature. I'm prepared to have all displays in km, that doesn't worry me a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts