Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the oil, air and pollen filters yesterday and decided to change the pollen filter today as it really gives a whiff when first starting the fan/air con.

Well as the title says, what a right pain in the a**e it is to get at unless you havevery flexable arms

Managed to get it though (did wonders for the stress mangement
) and I thought you might to look at what I pulled out:

One word: YUK!
No idea when it was last changed, but I'm glad I did it and only one slight cut to the finger.Edited by: lawe

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mjshort79 said:
lawe could you please take the new one back out so we can have a before and after
Yep, no problem at all, please send all your beer and money to me and I will gladly do it

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With working on the railway, I feel like a t totaller!
Coke will do fine! Any excuse for a jolly

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mjshort79 said:
oh lawe congratulations you just became a senior member
Thanks!

tdaywalker said:
NICE ONE I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT SMELL WAS (A BIT RANK) HOW MUCH WAS YOURE FILTER... I WILL NOW GET IT DONE THANKS KARL
Hi Karl.
The filter was £11 odd but I'm sure if a Ford dealer did this, then it would cost somewhere in the region of £100 in labour

But now I know I did myself, it feels great.

SteveEdited by: lawe

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Where abouts is it ? Apart from in a hard to reach place & any diagrams? The Mrs says it would be a nice project for me to do and keep me out of the way for a few hours.Mind you if it`s too hard to reach I`ll have to go & use the beer tokens you wanted.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is what I followed from the TIS DVD:

Step 1:

Step 2

Step 3

and step 4

Hope this helps.
SteveEdited by: lawe

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks for the reply.not very tech minded but luckly where i bought the car from(ford dealer) i became good friends with them and the mechanic moonlights in hi dinner hour so he,ll do it cheaper for me.. once again thanks for the useful infomation you are a

1 - 20 of 23 Posts