Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I know this has been covered many times and is a common fault.
I have a 2004 CMAX which I have had since 9 mths old.

I have had problems with remote unlocking before and I replaced fob battery, reprogrammed remote etc. But I am miffed here.

My daughter was messing about inside the car and locked me out whilst engine was running. Soon after this I can only unlock/lock drivers door and boot.
I have tried the switch the key to position 2 then to 0 4 times etc but nothing.

So what now? I have heard of fuse 63 and I have read about removing the door cards to investigate. I think it has nothing to do with whats behind the door cards.

I have read about disconnecting 2 cables from behind signal box and leave for an hour.

How do I get to fuse 63? And how do I get to this remote signal box? Maybe their lies the answer?

For now it is only me using the car but it is one pain in the butt not being able to open the passenger doors. Appreciate some help. Surely I am not the only one who has had this problem and not been able to solve it with quick easy fix? :)

Things I have tried. I tried opening doors manually with the key ALL doors unlocked which set the alarm off. Started the engine and pressed the fob key to lock doors and unlock. It worked. Then it never worked again. I can hear clicking at doors and at one time I could lock and unlock doors manually from drivers handle. But now it has gone back to same problem *hands up in the air*

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it reliably only unlucky the drivers door and boot? As in every time?
Have you tried double pressing the unlock button? If not try it and see if that then unlocks the other doors.
If so is an option that can be set.
Unlock the car, then hold both the lock & unlock button on the fob until the indicators flash, then it should revert to "normal" behaviour.
As it's normally only my wife in our cmax I've actually gone the other way and deliberately set it to only do the driver's door

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it reliably only unlucky the drivers door and boot? As in every time?
Have you tried double pressing the unlock button? If not try it and see if that then unlocks the other doors.
If so is an option that can be set.
Unlock the car, then hold both the lock & unlock button on the fob until the indicators flash, then it should revert to "normal" behaviour.
As it's normally only my wife in our cmax I've actually gone the other way and deliberately set it to only do the driver's door

Hi, thanks for replying. I’ll try that in the morning but I think I’ve done many combinations with key fob.
I’ve tried the switch 4 times then press a button and it resets. But nothing.
The boot opens, the fuel flap opens, when you press the key fob lock twice to double lock doors you can hear the click at each door but nothing when pressing unlocking button as if no signal is getting to it. If fob isn’t working then you’d manually put the key into drivers door and that would unlock all doors. But you don’t hear any clicks, zilch!
What happens in emergency with only drivers door working and you have passengers? I’ve had my car since 9 months old. I’m buying a new car in 2020. But this is my baby, sentimental as picked my daughter up after she was born and we’ve driven everywhere even France. I don’t want to spend anymore money on this car. It runs well, it’s in amazing condition, it’s done 156k Miles. Bodywork is great as I’ve looked after it.
Could it be door solenoid stuck in? Surely it’s just a signal not reaching the doors? Heeeeeeelp!! Somebody must have same problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried holding lock and unlock buttons Shmill. Still the same. You can hear the locking on 3 other doors when the lock button is pressed twice. But no sound when pressing the unlock. ☹

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOLVED! Sprayed WD-40 into drivers door keyhole and must’ve displaced damp, maybe freed the mechanism that sends signal to other doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts