·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie ere and newlybought c-max with the below issue
please bare with meif the below dont sound right
55 plate Ghia 1.6 TDCI

Is the below normal?

When inside the car engine running/driving or not, whilst inside the car pressing the lock barrel on the drivers doors locks all the doors - nothing strange there.
But when I try tounlock the drivers door its seemsto be indead lock mode, pulling the locking barrel or the main door handle they both spring back and the door will not unlock nor open.
Whats more strange ifI lean over to the passenger sideand pull on the lock barrel, all doors unlock including the drivers door.

To spice things upfurtherif ilock the passenger sidefirst and then try to unlock from the drivers doors it works wonders.

Pressing the Unlock botton on the key fob does unlock all doors regardless of the above order

There is naturally a safety issue ere and bit worried for the wifey using the drivers side lock as in an emergency she would have trouble opening the door.

Any assistance would be much appreciatedEdited by: kam

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello and welcome this isnt normal drivers door internal handle should lock and open the door mine does. I had trouble with my external door lock which meant i had to strip out the lock and controls but i could always unlock the car from the inside. Dont accept the car or better yet dont pay any money until its fixed.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Did it come from a reputable dealer, If so then get it back to them ASAP and say "not happy" it needs putting right (or at least checking).

Something doesn't sound quite right. I suspect it's the contacts in the drivers door

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purchased from are leasing company, only been 2 days so will give them a call to see if they could put some funds up in repairs.
But the whole locking issue is rather bizzare. Guess its not a commom issue then

Kam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts