Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6000cd stereo with the CDDJ button, but i want to convert it to an Aux, is it possbile or do i need a different unit ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Flipside,

I'm sure these another post regarding this somewhere. If you do a search for CDDJ hopefully that will give you what you need.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The cddj will only let you list the tracks on the cd in the player.You will have to change the unit for one with the aux button.I did & don`t regret it,although routinge the cables from the rear of the unit through to the glove box was`nt easy and is somewhat of a home made set up,but,hey,it works brilliant.You will however need to get 2 connection leads from ford £25 for the 2.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
There is a very long previous thread on the matter of the CD/DJ button where it is possible to get an emmulator that makes the unit think the MP3 player is a CD Disc changer you can also get a version that allows you to keep the disc changer function as well

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the replies, if its a new stereo io need i probably go for the sony one, like the look of that..

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the six disc in-dash CD Changer in mine..... It rocks....

I also have the AUX port in the glove box too, so I can run my iPod through it.
Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I bought the lead for the aux before realising now that it wont work, like the idea of the 6 disc changer in the dash..

Is it worth looking for an off the shelf double din unit or get a ford factory one

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah saw a pic of the sony somewhere on here. I did have a single din alpine in it for a while but thought it just did not look right. so i put the 6000 back in, just annoying i cant plug my ipod in, have thought about the fm transmitters but not sure if i like them. Good thing about the alpine i had in there is that it controlled my ipod, but i moved it to my other car as i installed my system in there which i have had for years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts