Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so please be nice, I have a ford CMAX Titanium 2008 automatic, when i'm accelerating the car judders and the car doesn't move as fast as it should, this is intermittent as sometimes the judder starts at 5mph whilst other times it doesn't judder until 20-30mph, it can be so bad I can here the windows rattle.
It's a seriously hard judder throughout the car and the car won't accelerate.
The only way i can describe it is like the car is hopping down the road extremely fast, like 4 or 5 times a second
When I take my foot off the accelerator the car runs whisper quiet and so smooth, the problem only happens whilst accelerating.
A mechanic had it for 2 days but couldn't find the problem, he said he checked the coils and they where fine, the only visible problem i can see in the car is a split hose which i assume is the air pipe (nothing runs through it) he insists this isn't the problem but he's ordered a new hose anyway.
The engine light is on and brings up the code P2008 and P2008P, i've been told this won't cause a judder either.
Also, I don't think this is related but i'll mention it anyway, twice in the past week I have had the traction control light come on and stay solid but as soon as i turn the engine off and restart it the traction light stays off.
I decided to put my foot down before just to see what would happen, I only got to 40mph (which was the speed limit) but i accelerated really fast just to see, the car juddered like mad but then took off like a rocket and the juddering vanished, but then when I slow down and drive normally I get the juddering again.
The car has just past an MOT last week, and believe me when I say he didn't do any favours!
Can anyone suggest what it could be? I can't drive the car at he moment as the vibrations are worrying me and to be honest they're making me feel travel sick and I never feel like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If any one else has this problem, go back to the coils they can breakdown under load, a cheap check is buy one coil and try it on each cylinder in turn and take it for a test drive each time obviously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts