Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help with my audio issue on my 2013 Grand Cmax Titanium X.

I currently have no audio at all, this includes, stereo, phone, GPS, nor reversing beeper.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a crackly static starting to come from the speakers while listening to music. This was extremely intermittent and at the start made a little noise and would go. This has worsened over the weeks and would (without notice) emit an ear-piercing crackling white noise, often soon after start up but not always.

After the noise, the audio would stop working. It will allow me to switch between, cd, radio usb, satnav, phone, etc and each appears to work as it should do, however, does not have any audio at all. The volume will also not move from zero (‘0’). The radio would only show ‘nation’ also and not show any preset channels.

After a while, it would make another large noise again and the audio would return. That was, until a few days ago, when there was a large crackle and I have not had any audio since. This has now also affected the reversing beeper too.
The problem appears to affect the entire audio system as everything appears to work, only without audio. In addition, the stereo does not need to be switched for the crackling to happen. A few times the stereo has been switched off. It has also happened before the car has even started ort the power switch pressed to activate in incar electrics. Audio of the noise is available if it helps.

Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know if this is a red herring, but I am not sure if it is moisture related as it appeared to happen after rain. Saying that, it may be a coincidence as it has rained most of the winter!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
From reading other posts on here it seems as if the radio is dead, have it looked at but I’m sure it’s a replacement unit needed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts