Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked up on the Haynes manual, I have to say its pretty useless.

I have a slow leak and I think I have located to this part on the photo. But I'm unsure as to what it is.

Do any of you guys know ?

At least I would know what the problem is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmm just had a look it looks to be a lot of different graphs and its kinda hard to identify it.

I'll try and describe it and maybe you can tell me what it is.

What I've been having is a slow leak and I think I have identified it as being from the small hose above the large hose going into the part on the left of the red part.
https://ibb.co/PZMdQWF

Now I'm just wondering if that block is the thermostat or something else entirely.

Sorry if I'm not being too clear earlier, I hope you understand what I mean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's very similar. Mine's seemed to be slightly bigger.

If it's the same as yours. It must be a thermostat albeit a slightly different version.

They be must have changed the design as mine in 2005 and yours appears to be 2006.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This mondeo video shows the layout and hoses pretty well.
I sispect Ford had a rethink and made a new style part as on mine and yours will be superseeded to my style as they refer to a Special Service Message 18980 when changing this part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, Mines a 2005 2 litre ghia TDCI and mine looks exactly like Oldmans pictures. I am wondering what the two bolts are for ? perhaps someone has modified the housing.
The damp patch looks as though it could be from a split in the plastic, perhaps draining the system and cleverly welding it with a soldering iron or get a pro to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts