Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know when the cambelt needs changing on a 1.8ltr Zetec 2004
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the only C-Max with a cambelt is the 2.0 TDCI all of the other engineshave a timing chain.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think you'll find the timing chain is between the two camshafts
I've read both the 1.6L & 2.o L Duratorque FORD service notes and both mention a timing belt

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
ETIS doesn't identify a specific 1.8 Petrol for 2004 but it appears that the other petrol engines give a 100,000 miles before a change

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been looking up on my Ford TIS CD & service guide, the diesel's do indeed have timing belts. I couldnt find any info on the 1.6 or 2.0 Petrols but the 1.8 Petrol (Duratec HE) is a modified MK3 Mondeo engine and uses a timing chain. The 1.8 petrol has either one or two auxillary belts depending on if it has air con, these need changing every 150000 miles or 10 years. I think the diesels have cambelts because they were sourced from Peugeot (1.6 & 2.0) the odd thing is my wifes 1.6 TDCi Fiesta has a chain!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the prompt info, that's good news i wasn't sure if i would need to spend out as soon as i got it! more money to spend on my mods then......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did a bit more reading of the Ford TIS DVD, here is what I found about timing belts & chains;
Petrol 1.8 & 2.0 Duratec-HE (MI4) Engines have timing chains
Petrol 1.6 Duratec 16V (Sigma) engines have timing belts
Diesel 1.6 Duratorq-TDCI (DV) have timing belts
Diesel 2.0 Duratorq-TDCI (DW) have timing belts

I dont have any information for the 1.8 diesel or the later engines.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The reason being that the Disc only covers upto the 2003.75 MY
Try putting ETIS into something like Google and then looking at what I think was the Fords
service tab which gives all the engine variants

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi,,, i went to fords and they said it needed changing at 100.000miles i changed it as well as the puleys to be on the safe side cost was about £100. To have it done at fords they wanted £350. I have a c-max 1.6td 54plate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts