Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Hope someone can help, I have been having intermitent problems with my 54 plate C-Max 2.0 Ghia.

Every now and then the car wont start, its like the battery is dead and i get lots of warnings messages like EPG Failure, Speed Reduction, Engine systems fault etc. I had the AA out the other day as it did it whilst out and they said the alternator was faulty and not charging the battery, so i had it replaced, A week later its doing it again. I can jump start start it no problem its like the battery is dead.

Anybody else know of this issue, I have read about it on the net but the problem has been the alternator but thats already been replaced. ??

Thanks

Flip

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
While a new alternator has been fitted, has this been checked to ensure it is working correctly??
Or perhaps even the state of the battery?
The Battery may have been run down to far and in need of a full charge or perhaps a new one would solve this issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks for the reply, alternator is fine, had the AA out again and he said excatly what you just did, the battery had been working so hard its not knackered, replaced it today so hopefully all good..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts