Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help,my car is revving up to 4000 revs in idle and also when iam changing down to low gears, the cars not driving smoothly at all,going into the garage on wed but not looking foward to the expense(gredit crunch) has there anyone come across this same problem and if yes could you tell me what the reason was for this problem,its 2004 1.8 zetec model.....many thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
HI Steven and welcome,
the first thing is and dont shoot me but check around accelerator just to make sure nothing is stuck after that i`m afraid its a diagnosis to find out which sensor is playing up or it could be the throttle potentiometer itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
got the same problem on the wifes 2.0 zetec focus which dose'nt do it all the time just when it feels like it,been told its the idle control valve which ive got a new onesat here ready to fit,its a bitch to get to on the 1.8 and2.0ltr focuszetecs as its bolted on the underside of theintake..

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
from my previous cavalier these valves often get full of stick black engine oil as well which is a S## to soak out. carb cleaner spray does eventually work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts