Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a C-MAX 1.8 Zetec Petrol on an 08 plate and have the following questions which I would be grateful for a reply:

1. I have a very annoying ticking noise coming from the seatbelt drivers side on the B pillar. It rattles in my ear at most speeds. Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it - is it easy to remove the interior panel on the pillar to get to the mechanism without damaging anything?

2. I have an annoying rattle behind the dash which seems worse for first few miles after starting car - any ideas (please don't say I need to remove the dash).

3. The gearchange, although OK, is quite "notchy" - is this normal on the C-MAX or do I have a problem.

4. Lastly, my service book says that thebase warranty is 1 year/ul withan option to purchase anextended Ford Protect warranty for years 2 and 3. However, I have been told by various people, including 1 dealer that the basic warranty is 3yrs - 1 year manufacturer and 2 years dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ive got the exact same ticking noise on my b pillar on my 04 cmax. ive had the panel off hundreds of times and cant seem to fix it. it drives me mad! and seems to only happen in warmer weather. panel is easy to take off, just unscrew the screw under the airbag sign and pull it off. you have to line up the seatbelt adjuster properly when putting it back on.
I also had a rattly dash and have put a chunks of rubber between dash & windscreen which stopped it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi guys yep i too have the ticking on the seatbelt post. I have read its caused by moving metal in the skin of the post and a fix for this is to break the spot welds between the skins.
Havnt yet had the guts to try this but i`ll let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts