Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!

I have a 2004, 54 2.0tcdi C-Max.
Just recently, with the cold weather the car has developed a hessitation to start.

It will generally on the second attempt start kick out a load of smoke from the exhust, then run fine, although for about the first 5 seconds it comes up with "Power Assist Failure" on the dash, but then this disapears!!
This morning it wouldnt start at all, it turns over (slowly) as you turn the key and the lights flash but it wont fire up! The lights, remote locking etc all work fine so I'm guessing it cant be the battery? When you do start to turn the key there is an electrical 'clicking sound'
It was fully serviced 3000 miles ago, recently MOT'd and Ive had the battery tested and was told it was fine?
I'm going to try to jump start it tonight from my other car, but any ideas what could be at fault would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It`s a fair bet that the alternator`s at fault.If you go to a spares shop (not halfords) they should get you one for about £80 & if you know a good mobile mechanic or have a friendly one,you`ll probably get it fitted for the same cost.DON`T get one from Ford as they have to order them in & they`ll charge over £250 inc fitting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts