Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just joined and looking for some advice.
Bought a 60 plate c-max diesel manual 1.6 last December from Ford in Swansea.
Last month a strange grinding noise started when shifting into 3rd gear.
Took to local Ford dealer, who after a week has declared it cant be fixed and need a new gear box. Fortunately its still under warantee.
As no explanation is fourthcoming as to what has caused the problem - is my car a lemon and need to be gotten rid of or is it a keeper now it has new gear box with only 20k miles on clock.
My faith in Ford brand is in serious doubt.
What should I do?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hi,
Just joined and looking for some advice.
Bought a 60 plate c-max diesel manual 1.6 last December from Ford in Swansea.
Last month a strange grinding noise started when shifting into 3rd gear.
Took to local Ford dealer, who after a week has declared it cant be fixed and need a new gear box. Fortunately its still under warantee.
As no explanation is fourthcoming as to what has caused the problem - is my car a lemon and need to be gotten rid of or is it a keeper now it has new gear box with only 20k miles on clock.
My faith in Ford brand is in serious doubt.
What should I do?
Not heard of anyone having any Gearbox problems with anything other than the CVT ZF box to the Mk I

·
Registered
538 Posts
No this is turning out to be a common problem I have six of them to do lined up at work! It's the ford b6 gear box at fault. Your ford dealer will remove the gear box and strip it Down to renew the third gear synchro hub and bulk rings!!! Then it will be like new
I have already done 3 of these

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this. However, they have tried that already and it has not been fixed. They now want to replace the whole gear box.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Bet they messed it up as I have done a lot of gearboxes and never had a problem hope they fix it for you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
C-Max 4th gear issues

Hi Guys,

I have just registered on here today becasuse i have seen your comments, I have a C-Max 55 plate 2.0 TDCi Ghia, and I have the same problem nearly, when i am slowing down i cannot get into forth gear or it slips out of fourth if driving along, if this is the same problem as the gentlemen before hand how much am i looking at paying for it to be fixed,

Thanks,

Tez

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont know if its relevant but my ecoboost was low on gearbox oil when I got it (1litre) - I dont know if this could cause that kind of problems. Just a thought...
By the way it was low on cooland and engine oil and the same happened with my 2009 fiesta which in addition was low on aircon fluid.It seems to me that ford are cutting down costs.I always check fluids when buying a car used or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a 2006, third gear is very sticky at times, only 25k on the clock. how much to fix when it finally gives up?

·
Registered
56 Posts
sorry to resurrect but mine has just started to do this, about the same time as my ongoing overheating? issues...

Do hope it's not a shot gearbox at 36k...

·
Registered
3 Posts
No this is turning out to be a common problem I have six of them to do lined up at work! It's the ford b6 gear box at fault. Your ford dealer will remove the gear box and strip it Down to renew the third gear synchro hub and bulk rings!!! Then it will be like new
I have already done 3 of these

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I've just joined the forum. I also have a issue with my 6 speed manual gearbox on a 2013 Ford C-Max 2.0 tdci 103 kw. Clutch doesn't slip or shuddering when letting clutch out, all gears go in and out perfectly cold or hot, I just have a gearbox whine in all gears under load and goes away when I let the power off. Anyone experienced a similar problem?
Thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts