Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a problem with the dip beams not working on my 2007 FOCUS Cmax 2.0 diesel zetec note Focus cmax not Cmax
The lights all work apart from the dip beams.
Both bulbs have beed replaced
F60 and F61 are good
F48 is not in use
There is only one relay in the main fuse box ,, this works the high beams
Main light swith seem to be OK
Local main dealer (Vospers) say they do not know and have not been told where the dip beam relay is so they are unable to fix it ... but for £40 an hour will have an experimental poke about to see if they can see the relay hiding somewhere... I can poke about myself for free !!
I see many other cmac users with the same problem... has anyone located this relay yet?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both dipped beams not working either!

This has just happened to my wife's 04 plate 1.6 tdci. Has anyone out there managed to sort this is issue and if so how did they do so? Side lights and full beams are working. The wife mentioned that full beam seemed to come on when she was indicating but I can't corroborate this. I will look at it over the weekend but any pointers would be a great help. Does anyone know where I can find the central junction box as mentioned in the pdf and are the relevant fuses above the passenger footwell or under the bonnet?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you find full beam does come on with the indicators then earthing is the first place to start. Try to make a temporary earth cable to the negative side of the headlamp to see if that solves it.

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
This has just happened to my wife's 04 plate 1.6 tdci. Has anyone out there managed to sort this is issue and if so how did they do so? Side lights and full beams are working. The wife mentioned that full beam seemed to come on when she was indicating but I can't corroborate this. I will look at it over the weekend but any pointers would be a great help. Does anyone know where I can find the central junction box as mentioned in the pdf and are the relevant fuses above the passenger footwell or under the bonnet?

Many thanks
The gem is under the dash passenger side. It's the unit that holds all the fuses and multi plugs that control a lot of things.

Make sure all the plugs are firmly in its places. Unplug them and reseat them pushing them in and then with the clip fasten them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks for the suggestions. I will add it to my list of jobs for the weekend which includes tiling the kitchen and replacing the battery on the wife's iphone. What's the simplest way of checking if its an earthing issue?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
As I said temporary wire from negative side to battery negative terminal or exposed metalwork on body

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
When this issue came up before I think it was established that it was the ignition fed relay in the GEM that was the problem and the OP eventually did a make it fit alteration with a separate relay to give the same function as the original relay was not replaceable by itself (an integral part of the GEM)

·
Registered
3 Posts
All sorted. Two new bulbs, guess the wife never noticed when the first one went. There was me overthinking it as usual. Battery swapped in iPhone in less than 5 minutes so just the kitchen tiling to do................ Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
All sorted. Two new bulbs, guess the wife never noticed when the first one went. There was me overthinking it as usual. Battery swapped in iPhone in less than 5 minutes so just the kitchen tiling to do................ Thanks for your suggestions anyway.
Glad it was the fairly simple (& reasonably cheap) alternative
I like probably several others did take the OP to read that you'd changed both bulbs since the problem had occured

1 - 11 of 11 Posts