Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2007 1.8 tdci zetec and am still getting to grips with the computer. When i select fuel consumption it keeps changing from 99.9 mpg to various readings i.e anything from 19 mpg to 60 mpg although no gear changes or variation in speed. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I know that in mine (54 plate) the MPG goes up and down when you have just reset it.
Go on a long'ish journey it settles down and then very slowly moves depending on what you are doing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My trip computer has two readouts for fuel consumption, described in the book as Instantaneous fuel consumption and Average fuel consumption.

The behaviour you describe exactly matches my instantaneous fuel consumption, It shows the actual consumption at that specific instant and it is constantly changing. The reason that it often shows 99.9mpg isthat this is the highest figure the readout can display. My previous car, A Skoda Octavia would show instant readings to three digits and would frequently show consumption of 200 or 300mpg.

The average figure shows the average consumption since the computer was last set and is thus an average of all the instantaneous figures you mentiom

Edited by: dethadol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts