Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I brought a 2012 c max mark 2 today and I was wondering if after driving you walk away with the keys does the car automatically lock or do I have to find the keys at the bottom of my bag still?

·
Registered
329 Posts
My titanium x doesnt lock automatically so unless you have a particular option I doubt if yours does. Mine only automatically locks if the doors are not operated soon after they have been unlocked.
Its a hard life!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My titanium x doesnt lock automatically so unless you have a particular option I doubt if yours does. Mine only automatically locks if the doors are not operated soon after they have been unlocked.
Its a hard life!!
I know mine unlocks when the keys are near but kinda defeats the point when i still have to hunt in my bag for them when i get where i was driving

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine's a 2017 model so it's a slightly different style but a tap of the door handle where the sensor is should lock it, a double tap does the deadlocks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My statement regarding touch to lock refers to any Cmax with hands free entry since 2007.

Auto locking has not been available on any Cmax (in the UK, at least; I'm not certain regarding other countries).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about auto unlocking with key nearby? i thought i had that system but doesn’t seem to be working (if it’s there)

I have button start and no sensor on the outside door.
I looked in the manual but it’s very confusing as it includes other systems

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your first post mentions finding the key in the bottom of your bag, later you mentioned the car opening up when the key is near. From that I surmised that you have keyless entry/start.
Now you say you don't have auto unlock but you do have button start.
I'm not sure of an answer to that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about auto unlocking with key nearby? i thought i had that system but doesn’t seem to be working (if it’s there)

I have button start and no sensor on the outside door.
I looked in the manual but it’s very confusing as it includes other systems
Your first post mentions finding the key in the bottom of your bag, later you mentioned the car opening up when the key is near. From that I surmised that you have keyless entry/start.
Now you say you don't have auto unlock but you do have button start.
I'm not sure of an answer to that.
That’s why i’m confused as i’m sure it had auto unlocking but now unsure if I imagined it or something.
I do have keyless start so I thought it would have keyless entry but I’m just massively confused.
I know i’m probably confusing some people but trust i’m more confused than anyone 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts