Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought My C Max Titanium X last Dec supposedly with all function & toys, one of which was a definite retirements was Deadlocking & Auto Lock (Anti hijack) & was sold to me as having these facilities that I had on previous car.

Took it back 3 days later as neither worked. Tech spent 1.5 hrs getting it to deadlock on the key fob but said I would have to bring back for software upgrade programming.

They now say they cant do it as 'Ford' have decided (after selling it to me as available) not to provide or activate this facility.

Wasted ages with Customer Services who do nothing but say go back to dealership, who say the same that Ford HO has decided not to allow activation.

Have tried on line Ford activation but it proves that my C MAX has NOT had software installed or programmed even though sale was with software upgrade

Anyone know of a garage that can install the Auto Locking software?

I am in Kettering Northamptonshire but happy to travel to get this activated.

Thx

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The auto lock feature has been disabled on Ford IDS so the dealers cannot do it. However you can activate it using a modified ELM cable and Focccus software (which is free). As far as I know deadlocking is standard and is activated on second click of fob.

If you could find someone with those or diy then it is straight forward to do. I did my Grand, only takes 10 minutes. I would offer to help but I am in Yorkshire and away for the next few weeks. Someone more local may have the adapter.

Did you put in writing that it is a requirement for these features when you ordered it? If so you may have grounds to reject the car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Deadlock the doors by pressing the lock button on the keyfob twice within 3 seconds. Press the lock button on the dashboard to lock the doors when you're in the car. Or am I missing something? I know you want the auto-lock function but it's easy enough to get around.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What exactly does OP want from auto-lock? Auto locking of the doors when you walk away from the car when parked up, auto locking when you are in the car and are inside, driving, or both?

Not sure how you can achieve both in a C-Max, I can't get mine to do either of the above, but my Renault (used by wife most of the time) does both as standard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for the Auto Lock function that locks the doors as I drive away. Yep & my other half has just taken delivery of her Renault capture that does both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ford Franchise Dealer Currently claiming that Ford have stated it is illegal for them (Ford) to activate Auto locking (anti hijack feature) as it is against EU regulations. I have asked for this in writing & suggested that it is Bovine Excreta as Renault currently selling Capture with auto lock function that locks doors as you drive away....

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Ford Franchise Dealer Currently claiming that Ford have stated it is illegal for them (Ford) to activate Auto locking (anti hijack feature) as it is against EU regulations. I have asked for this in writing & suggested that it is Bovine Excreta as Renault currently selling Capture with auto lock function that locks doors as you drive away....
More about when vehicle model was last homologated rather than when it is being sold

This from current ECE 11 that covers locks & latches
6.3.1.1. If fitted, a full locking system may only be activated when the ignition key is not in the engine running mode and shall be installed in combination with at least one of the following measures:
(a) An alarm system with interior detection in accordance with Regulation No. 116 or Regulation No. 97, or other equipment which is able to detect an occupant's movement. The setting of the full locking system shall be prohibited where an occupant's movement is detected within the passenger compartment; or
(b) An acoustic warning device (e.g. horn) which can be activated from the interior of the vehicle in case that the ignition is switched off and the full locking system is activated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
^ 2 comments:
1) "Full locking system" could be taken as deadlocking so that it may be impossible for someone inside the car to get out if an incident happens;
2) Renault's get-out is that the Captur doesn't have an ignition key, it uses a hands-free card-key system ;-)

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
^ 2 comments:
1) "Full locking system" could be taken as deadlocking so that it may be impossible for someone inside the car to get out if an incident happens;
2) Renault's get-out is that the Captur doesn't have an ignition key, it uses a hands-free card-key system ;-)
As to (1) that was usually reason given IIRC
As to (2) it's the function that is covered not if it is Key or Keyless, The Captur was probably Homologated to an earlier version of the Reg (Pre 2015) where parts of the standards weren't included

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Paule, thx for that.

Where did you get your lead?

I have tried emailing James simpson months ago but no response so any help would be helpful,

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Mick, any standard ELM327 cable from Ebay will do. But then it needs modding to add a switch to swap the CANBus lines.

I have a Bluetooth one which is not ideal (should really use USB) but does work as I did my Grand with it. The Grand is now gone so I may be tempted to sell it. PM me with an offer!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The link earlier in this thread works for the cable mod.

For current shape C-Max use FoCCCus, for earlier ones use ElmConfig. There is also a similar program for Fiestas. Elmconfig or Focccus

I still have my modded Bluetooth ELM adapter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can purchase an ELM cable which has already been modified, then use the software detailed above. I have "checked" mine so as I drive away, the doors "auto lock" when the vehicle achieves 10kph.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts