Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my c max mot no problems told them it was pulling to left they said it could be torque steer but pulls when not accelerating any ideas

·
Registered
7 Posts
How he could pass MOT if he "pulls to left"?
It can be wrong wheels alignment, wrong (not the same) tire size, wrong some tire pressure, or your your car is just overpainted after meeting with the train :D
If you already swapped wheels and there is no difference, go to tire pit stop and ask them to check your car traction alignment.
Perhaps your MOT station got their diagnostic machine * **.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just got my c max mot no problems told them it was pulling to left they said it could be torque steer but pulls when not accelerating any ideas
As above check tyre pressures, I've known different tyre brands have different grip and did pull to one side but that was mostly in the rain. (it's always best to have the same brand of tyre on each axle as a rule.) , if you swap tyres check that there is not an arrow on the tyres for rotation direction if so you will have to return them to there original position it's dangerous and an MOT fail.
Pulling to one side would not be picked up on an MOT as they never road test cars anymore so long as their is no binding and the brakes on all 4 wheels are to spec it would still pass as they would not know..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never saw UK MOT test, but can imagine that diagnostic path is very similar to Irish NCT test.
On the rollers they're checking traction, breaking and doing slip test. If car is pulling one side, will jump off from the rollers and game over- you have to comeback with your car fixed.
On test sheet you should have result of slip test-how much is pulling left or right on specific distance.
Is it different in GB?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts