Any ideas on where i could find my ecu?
I need to know if its:
3M51 or a 4M51.
Thanks in advance.
S

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's in a plastic box, in front of the passenger side front wheel. I think you need to remove the wheel and liner to get at it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I need to remove mine. I've located it,having removed the 4 star bolts that hold the cover on, so I can now get to the actual ECU. But how actually remove it from its black, metal housing??

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's a bolt that holds both side of the housing together and stops the ECU from sliding out. In the end, had to grind off the end of the bolt off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, Just joined the forum and seen this discussion.
Would anyone have a photo of where the ECU is actually located.
My Daughter is having issues where our 1.6 Tdci C-max starts, but when you rev the engine, it cuts out.
I've replaced the EGR valve about a month ago, as we thought this was at fault - (found the disc of the valve had actually come off the shaft!) - but no real difference when changed.
We've also changed the battery today - but still no difference, so I thought I'd check the wiring to the ECU, but seems well hidden.
I do get one strange thing - the headlights flash when turning the engine over - not sure if this has any relevance.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what we can try?
I wonder if there is moisture in the ECU wiring?
Won't get a chance until the weekend to go and plug the laptpop in to interogate the fault.

Any help much appreciated,

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave battery or alternator is week.
Check voltage of battery, then start the car, check voltage again, if dropeed bellow 12v while crancking replace the battery, remove the positive plug off and check volatage of alternator charging rate and you will find the fault.
Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts