Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New here
Recently got the above car. 76k on the clock. Bought from Arnold Clark (yes I know, and never again). It's making a scraping/wooshing noise setting off in first gear. Not every time and sometimes - esp on longer trips, not at all for days. I've got a recording but can't see how to attach it? It's otherwise Ok for a 10 year old car, drives OK. Good on motorways.

So, reading other threads and talking to my usual mechanic, it sounds like the clutch release bearing. Arnold clark not having anything to do with it (or much else tbh), and quoting £90 for diagnostics; but as expected, the 60 day warranty is a pile of crap.
I've often got small kids in the car, sometimes on longish trips, and don't want it to just fail at a random point.
So I might just bite the bullet and get the bearing and the clutch replaced while everything is out, work done by my usual/reliable mechanic, I'll get the parts.

I can find the clutch kit Ok, and it's pretty cheap, but can't find the bearing...

Anyone know where I can get a clutch release bearing?

Thanks,

Spot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Euro parts.
Did. They do the two part clutch, but not the bearing.
Just got off the phone to local Ford dealer.
Clutch kit + bearing is £175. One day delivery. Not too bad.

Now my mechanic who is always right, and trusted, said it will last much longer; most likely years, and clutch outside of the intermittent noise feels good. I'll get some warning before it goes, so leave it and chill.

But good to know that Ford's kit is there.

Otherwise, it's a nice car so far.

BTW: Arnold Clark had a 3 week wait for it to be looked at re a minor problem, and battery that was half dead (which my mechanic eventually sorted). They did everything to put me off using my 60 day useless warranty.
Next car will NOT be coming from Arnold Clark. Terrible after service. Be warned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts