Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,

Are there things you should pay specific attention to when buying a second-hand C Max?
Parts that wear out quickly, do not work optimally?
I'm looking for a C Max from 2017, automatic transmission, diesel 1.5.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The automatic transmission is apparently a common concern. The oil change is supposed to be the most important thing with it but since mine is a manual (also 2017) it's not something I have any experience of.
You haven't mentioned if you're going for a Zetec or a higher spec, my Titanium has been in the garage for 7 weeks now, waiting for a spare part for the electric child locks.
It's a good job I went for a 17 plate so it's still got some warranty left, otherwise I would have been stuck. Ford have given me a hire car for the duration, which might be another couple of weeks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did see you were looking for the 1.5TDCi engine. It's an issue with Ford's confusing terms, Zetec was an engine name and it is also a trim level. I notice that you're not in the UK so your trim names in Belgium might be different, we have the base model Zetec, the higher specification Titanium and the top level Titanium X. I've not done a Google search for the answer.
My comment asking about the model you want refers to the possible issues of the complex electronics of the Titanium extras, in my early experience it's not good as I only had the car 2 weeks before it broke. The simpler Zetec might be more reliable in the long term.
I chose the Titanium for my third C-Max (my 2 previous cars were both Zetecs) because I'm getting old and the extra gadgets were supposed to make life easier, the reversing camera in particular, but I'm not sure if it was the best choice.
The gearbox issue might be something you could investigate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts