Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Im new to the forum and would really appreciate your advice. Im looking at buying a 2.0 tdci c-max, but i would like to hear you opions of what both car and the tdci engines are like, any common problems to look out for realiability ect
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site.To answer your questions there is a previous posr on the main message centre titled `A few Q`s before I buy`.This should sort you out ok.Personally,I have a 2.0 TDCI Zetec on a 53 plate & it`s brilliant.The only main things are make sure you DON`T get one with the electric parking brake & the other is make sure the Alternator has been replaced ,it tends to let go with little or no notice.Oh yeah, make sure it`s got full service history too.

Happy hunting

MM

·
Registered
280 Posts
Try to get the highest spec you can (Ghia or Titanium depending on whether its the old or new model).... mineis an 06 reg ex-ford management car and was only six month old and was loaded withover£3000 worth of options.

This meant I saved about 33% on the list price (including all the options).

I agree about the EPB (electronic park brake) mine has one and its been fixed TWICE, fortunately both times have been under warrenty.

Happy hunting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts