Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But which one to get ... I'd love another diesel. After owning a Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TD for 2yrs it cost me nothing fuel wise to mileage.

But with the monies I have available to myself its gonna be a petrol model.

Whats the do's & don'ts ...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi Hightower,

Glad you got in one!

In order for other members to help you, could you list how you use the car?
Example being Towing, School run, etc...
Mine would be all long distance journeys, family days out, major shopping trips (on the rare occasion we don't buy it online), school runs and Towing which we have not done yet but a Caravan is on the shopping list.

Hope this gives you a few ideas, but good luck on your search.

SteveEdited by: lawe

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
You may not have the wherewithal for the 2L diesek but I (if I were buying another today) would still consider the 1.6 manual again (even n the LX - would need the heated ft screen option) given the reduced fuel, VED and probable insurance without the driveability loss that the 1.6 petrol seems to give

·
Registered
26 Posts
We recently (2 months ago) bought a 54 plate 1.8 petrol Ghia.
It's a really smooth and easy drive for all types of driving, but definitely lacking the grunt of a diesel for distance driving. The extra costs of fuel and tax are negligible when you pay so little for so much car (£5100) and not doing a whole load of miles.

There are other posts regarding the main problems to look for, but the main one seems to be the Electric Park Brake fitted as standard to the Ghia's.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts