Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, any help highly appreciated

I would like to upgrade all my headlight bulbs to LED or similar bulb but doesn't like to do conversion as it would need changing my insurance, i was thinking of bulb replacement, any recommendation; high/low beam, fog light, side light
Is it easy to replace or better to go to a garage and pay them to do it for me?

I was already able to replace the bulb at the boot to LED which was easy i tried looking at video on youtube but none about GCM im afraid to do it and get stuck in the middle or worst ruin or accidentally do more harm than good to our car and my wallet....

Thanks

2011 GCM 2.0 powershift a/t

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
LED bulbs are meant to be seen, so they're OK for daytime running lights, brake lights etc.
They do not emit enough controllable light to be used as headlights & will fail the UK MoT.
Any one who says different can obtain the MoT Testers Instruction Manual from the Gov website.

·
Registered
406 Posts
"any recommendation; high/low beam"

Yes, leave them as halogen. As for the fog lights, Osram do a replacement unit that can be had with DRLs. Someone on here has had them fitted so a quick search of the site will show the pics. As for the sidelights, any 501
/W5W bulbs will do.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fitted osram night breaker plus to my dipped beams . Really good upgrade whiter and brighter , removal of lights not necessary just really tight but is possible .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts