Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
As you have pictures just before the accident I suggest you get some of how it is now. At least then if you are charged for a repair that is of poor quality you have evidence to support action via trading standards

I don't know if the garage are part of this organisation but they be able to help www.vbra.co.uk/
If your insurane are involved tell them about the quality of service as well. If they said you had to use them then even more clout

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ow richard g

the brooklands auto body people are not part of vbra they are not good enough lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dont leave it there mate... If they have paid up they have admitted blame - take them to court. Small claims court to start with, get some compo. Will cost ya less than £100 to make a case for the small claims court, used to be £27 but it's probably gone up since.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well at least some good news.
I know the insurance company are persuing them but instead of going afterBrooklands, you should instead go after the insurance company as they sent you to Brooklands,or at least wait until the repairs have been done and see what they offer.
If they are just going to say, one car fixed then time to take them to the smalll claims as its them you have a contract with.
Edited by: lawe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had real bad experience with Brooklands auto body center in Lincoln.

Unfortunitly i was invloved in a car accident, in May 2010 through no fault of my own, a car crashed into the back of me at a junction.

My insurance agreed for my car to be reapired and the next day Brooklands picked it up.

First of all they had my car for a month and only repaired one part of the damage to my car. They made me drive from worksop to Lincoln to pick my car up as they said it was all done. I later went back to get my car, and when i got there, i couldnt believe my eyes.... The bumper was still hanging off and there was dints all in my roof!!!!!! they turned round with the worst attitude and said nowt to do with accident love take it up with the egineer, i replied with first of all dont call me love, and how is the bumper and the roof nothing to with the accident a car smashed into me the insurance has clearly told you that. The thick idiots (to be polite) replied with nowt to do wit me!

I then rang my insurance and they set the story straight bascially saying get my customers car sorted!

another 2 weeks have gone by and i finally got my car back, bumper is fixed but the roof is still not done, i now have to take this to court along with my insurance on my side.

WATCH OUT for the pregnant women on recpetion she really is a nasty peice of work, really bad customer service, all the tech guys there are dumb and the ladies behind the desks just sit there and eating cream cakes all day. i had to wait 2 hours when i actually got to the buliding for them to even ring through to the garage to say owner of the vehicle is here. They claim they are BMW approved doubt it very much i wouldnt take any vehicle there ever again. ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING im apalled and i hope people with a simular experience will comment. How they get work i do not know.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
kiratom said:
I have had real bad experience with Brooklands auto body center in Lincoln.

Unfortunitly i was invloved in a car accident, in May 2010 through no fault of my own, a car crashed into the back of me at a junction.

My insurance agreed for my car to be reapired and the next day Brooklands picked it up.

I then rang my insurance and they set the story straight bascially saying get my customers car sorted!

another 2 weeks have gone by and i finally got my car back, bumper is fixed but the roof is still not done, i now have to take this to court along with my insurance on my side.

They claim they are BMW approved doubt it very much i wouldnt take any vehicle there ever again. ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING im apalled and i hope people with a simular experience will comment. How they get work i do not know.
If your insurance company can get to the internet point them in the direction of this thread also BMW customer services in UK & Germany and also Trading Standards in Lincoln.
There may also be a Motor Insurance company onbudsman that may like to see this tale with regard to e garage being reccomended for insurance work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts