Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know if my 06 tdci style would have a brake wear sensor fitted? i know the new shape cmax has one fitted, as the garage tried to get me to have my brake pads changed on its second service, even though they look to have at least 6mm of brake pad lefton each pad. if not can anyone recommend the minimum that i should allow the pads to wear down to.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure about the sensor, but I would have had the pads changed because if the pad wears too low you'll need new discs as well.
I found that out when my 06 reg went in for 40,000 mile service and they garage told me the rear padshad worn metal to metal, so £300 later I now have shiny new discs and pads. I will be getting them to check thefronts again when the car is serviced at the end of the year.
I don't think I have a sensor on my Ghia model unless it only works on the front.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll second that it's important to change the pads before you get metal on metal... But also remember that the discs are now consumables as well. To get asbestos out of brake pads, the compounds changed so the discs wear as well as the pads now, therefore sometimes it will be £300.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts