Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone advise me how often I should replace the brake discs on my 2014 C-Max? I can't find anything in the manual about it. The garage are advising me to change them each time I get the pads changed but I've read other advice saying that they last quite a bit longer than the pads.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Charlie, I have never heard of a car needing new discs with every pad change .
You will need new pads if you get new discs, yes.... but not the other way round, unless your discs are in bad shape. The Haynes manual for my Daughters Fiesta ( same maker, same principle) requires minimum disc thickness, maximum disc thickness variation, and maximum disc/hub run-out (installed). You will have to check the figures for your model if you want to get technical. There's probably no need to get that technical ... I would take it to a different garage for a quick inspection, for your peace of mind .
Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really useful information - thank you so much. Will probably ask another garage, as you suggest - I am definitely not technical when it comes to cars!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had some front Pagid discs 'warp' and after 20K I'd had enough .

The pads are EBC Redstuff and are expensive so I opted just to renew the discs for a higher quality brand , guess what happened ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes need to be changed when minimum thickness is reached the minimum size is normally stamped on the outside edge of the disk OR if they look like and old vinyl record if you can remember that far back, ie bad scoring lines on the disk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.