Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some help just a 55 pl when i start the car the boot opens if someone got a idea also when a brake i hear a clicking noise from the rear

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your not accidently touching the boot release on the keyfob are you when you turn it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have same problem, driving along and the boot will release of its own accord, very annoying bleeping and you have to stop and turn off car to open boot with keys then reclose. Anyone come across this and did anyone solve it? 05 diesel Ghia

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
It's most likely the tailgate switch needs changing
It seems to have become the item of the month. The switch is around £17 from Fraud and you ought to be able to change it it in around ¾ hour

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's most likely the tailgate switch needs changing
It seems to have become the item of the month. The switch is around £17 from Fraud and you ought to be able to change it it in around ¾ hour
Hmm thanks tried this and still a problem of boot opening when brake pedal pressed...any other help appreciated

·
Registered
473 Posts
First place I would look is the wiring loom where it enters the tailgate from the roof, peel back the rubber grommet and make sure the wires are not damaged and shorting out. 2nd would be the gem fuseboard under the passenger footwell to see if its had water leaking from the bulkhead into it causing damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts