Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi and welcome, the boot release is an electronic switch which maybe defective or a broken wire. Try doing a search on here to see if anybody else has had the same probs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will it open with the key?

I have the opposite problem whereby the central locking keeps opening the boot. I am going to put a new microswitch in and hopefully that will solve it. Not too difficult to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I found one of the lead fittings was loose on the bottom fuse console. I've fitted it normally into it's slot, and all the problems were gone!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Now we've got a lot more in here I'll try asking again
Has anyone had the problem of the key not opening the tailgate though still turning the lock barrell?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive joined because I have same problem, it stopped working from the handle? at back first only if I pushed one side of handle then not at all but worked with key... now doesnt work at all...seems to have resistance to key so dont want to force and break key in it...Im saying 'handle' but you know what I mean ...more a sort of grip

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
pollymeme said:
Ive joined because I have same problem, it stopped working from the handle? at back first only if I pushed one side of handle then not at all but worked with key... now doesnt work at all...seems to have resistance to key so dont want to force and break key in it...Im saying 'handle' but you know what I mean ...more a sort of grip
follow here for replacing the switch
http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/forum/boot-lock_topic1041.html?KW=10mm+ratchet

If you can get the boot open by any means then once the liner is off you ought to see a thin wire rope with a larger end piece and a platic retaining socket that moves when you turn the key in the lock.

What has likely happened is that the cable has come out of the plastic as the plastic may have split (and or the cable has bent - but can be straightened). In my case there was enough of the plastic holder remaining to put the end of the bowden cable back into and secure it with a "zip clip" that has worked OK since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts