Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
:)]Hi everyone,

I have recently come across this problem too. I know when i pressed the open button on the remote all the doors including the boot unlocked but now when i press the unlock button the boot remains locked. I have pressed and held the lock and unlock button until the lights flash and then when the unlock button is pressed once only the drivers door is unlocked when the unlock button is pressed again the rest of the doors unlock BUT not the boot door. I know it worked before but now it is doing my head in and annoying just like comments made already when you have the key in the ignition and you want to go to the book but cant because it is LOCK...........

any ideas anyone..... i found this

Insert key into ignition and turn to ignition and back 4 times in quick succession.
You will then hear a chime which indicates you are in the central locking programming mode.
remove key and press the lock and unlock (although I only needed to press the lock) button on the remote.
You will then here another chime and it should be done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lock the car, hold down the unlock and lock buttons for a few seconds until the lights flash twice. Unlock the car, all doors open.

My friend thought turning on the anti-hijack would be amusing. So I turned it off again.

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
I have tried the above and also one with key in ignition still no luck with the boot opening up when you press the unlock button.

any more ideas or is there a fault with the remote and have to go to frauds.????

·
Banned
2,747 Posts
Lock the car, hold down the unlock and lock buttons for a few seconds until the lights flash twice. Unlock the car, all doors open.

My friend thought turning on the anti-hijack would be amusing. So I turned it off again.

Beaker top bloke. I followed your instructions
Worked a treat. Nice one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an issue with the boot on my cmax

when I press unlock, all doors open but the boot doesn't. have to press the boot unlock to do that.

It will unlock when the key is in the ignition but the button on the back does nothing.

i'm assuming that the switch needs replacing or something?
what do people think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted elsewhere re a problem I have.
I have just bought a C-Max and three times neighbours
have knocked to tell me the tailgate is open, once at ten
thirty at night!
It looks like it is because the buttons are so close together,
having locked the car my finger must roll back enough to
unlock it once my back is turned, dangerous.
Also please can someone tell me how to knock the sensors off
or at least alter them, I am being driven mad by beeping whenever
a car comes within six feet of me, sitting at traffic lights is murder.
These two things are turning me against this car, the tailgate especially,
I keep popping out to check it is locked!
cheers
Paula

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I posted elsewhere re a problem I have.
I have just bought a C-Max and three times neighbours
have knocked to tell me the tailgate is open, once at ten
thirty at night!
It looks like it is because the buttons are so close together,
having locked the car my finger must roll back enough to
unlock it once my back is turned, dangerous.
Also please can someone tell me how to knock the sensors off
or at least alter them, I am being driven mad by beeping whenever
a car comes within six feet of me, sitting at traffic lights is murder.
These two things are turning me against this car, the tailgate especially,
I keep popping out to check it is locked!
cheers
Paula
What age is it because it ought not to unlock like that based on a Mk I remote control
As to the sensors I thought there ought to be a button the dash somewhere to turn them off manually

·
Registered
3 Posts
What age is it because it ought not to unlock like that based on a Mk I remote control
As to the sensors I thought there ought to be a button the dash somewhere to turn them off manually

Hi
The car is only a year old.

Today we found a button on the dashboard where the
sensor control should be!

I think it is back to the garage for some explanations.

Paula

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Ihave ford focus cmax ghia 04, i lost my remote key today, my manual one open the bonnet, but not the door!!!! help pleaaaaaase.. thx

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
suspect it's the linkage between the barrel and the door lock module inside the door itself.
Ours failed a while ago & the dealer required about 1½ hrs labour to rework

·
Registered
5 Posts
Borrowed an '08 Cmax with a handful of annoying faults, one being the frickin daft electronic boot lid locking system. I have to manually lock all 4 interior doors every time I leave the car, (- the boot lid always remains locked unless released using the lower button on the fob.) I presumed the fragile looking boot lid release button was at fault-it couldn't be the solenoid, because pressing the fob button remotely triggers the boot lid release solenoid fine.
Tried holding both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the fob to no avail.
Ordered a boot lid release button online, which arrived this morning. Set about undoing the 4x 10mm nuts to release the panel with the button and number plate lights. Checked integrity of wiring, undid connections and sprayed with WD40, removed old button, replaced with new. Shut the boot lid, tried to open it on the new button, and groaned when it didn't work.
I don't get it, and have temporarily given up trying to fix it.

Then I tried to replace a front side light bulb-they don't make that too easy either. On youtube people say you need to take the headlamp out to replace the glass peanut. I found that with spindly fingers and a flat screwdriver to help coax it out, it is doable, but fiddly as feck.

The frost warning light is permanently on, which is a bit of a joke when the sun's blazing down outside.
Engine management light could be anything
Have recently had brakes replaced at local garage. They feel spot on, but now a handbrake on light has joined the xmas tree lighting display on the dash.
The car looks fine on the outside, is nippy when needed, docile when not, and would make a perfect family car if it wasn't for the ever growing number of electronic faults. Are Cmaxes generally such poorly designed and so cheaply put together?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The indicators work on the outside, but there's no signs on the dash or noises to tell you so.
When turning the steering wheel enough, the stalk self cancels, but if , say when on a motorway and you've indicated left and make a gradual manoeuvre into the nearside lane, the stalk won't cancel and without realising it, you'll be driving for miles still indicating left like a prannock.
Has anyone else had/got this problem with their Cmax?

·
Registered
338 Posts
2 things to check, the fuseboard in the left footwell make sure all the plugs are firmly seated. Next is the dash instrument pod itself, these suffer in later life with dry solder joints and all sorts of strange stuff happens so try tapping on that and see if the current crop of lamps lit changes. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey thanks! I've just gone upside down in the passenger footwell to heck the integrity of fuses...a couple didn't seem fully seated, so I pressed them in but no luck.
Had to get on with other things now, but shall investigate the dash pod tomorrow.
all good advice, much appreciated
Happy Easter Old man!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Old Man, I've fixed the indicator problem, the illogical central locking, the ice warning icon on the dash and perhaps a few other faults too.... I had another look under the passenger footwell, this time with a pair of long nosed pliers and glasses on. After pressing home all fuses I could see, I looked at the wiring looms themselves for integrity, and presto, I spotted a sizeable connector block(orange one), dangling. There was only one place it could go, so I tried connecting it back up. sussed out the black plastic saddle that turns thru 180 degrees to secure, and DaDahh, a whole host of odd problems were sorted in one easy fix.
Had you not told me where to initially look I wouldn't have homed in on the actual fault.
I reckon when my bro leant the car to relatives someone must have been wearing big boots and had kicked the plastic saddle which releases the orange block connector, then a multitude of probs ensued and they returned the car without mentioning any of this.
Perhaps there's meant to be a cover to protect the fuses and connectors that this car is missing.
If not, be warned fellow Cmax owners- If a child is having a tantrum with a kicking fit whilst in the front passenger seat, or someone with oversized boots gets uncomfortable and tries to stretch their feet into the footwell, then this could happen to you.

Oh another oddity..when parked on a steep slope with the nose pointing upwards, this car refused to start even tho the computer said I've got 40 miles left to travel. I put about £5 of petrol from a can set aside for my lawn mower and this didn't help.
In the end I had to get a friend to tow me out of the incline onto level ground, whereby the car started no problem.
I've only ever had that happen with a Golf about 25years ago, and shall remember that this make/model of car Really doesn't like to be left on a steep slope when the fuel warning light comes on (I was supposed to have picked up my mate from Gatwick at 2am last night, and when the car wouldn't start I gave up waking he neighbourhood and borrowed my mates 4X4 truck with many ladders on the roof to go to North term. He was surprised to see me in His motor, but was glad to be picked up in the middle o the night anyhow

It's great solving problems without having to go lamb to the slaughter to the garage

Whatever next

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Take a look at the handbook , there you will find instructions on how to program the door locks , I have mine set to only open the drivers door with the first click on the remote unlock button , that way all the other doors and tailgate stay locked (Keeps any would be thieves from jumping in) , a double click opens all .

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's right, Mr T.
I didn't find a handbook in the glovebox of this borrowed car, so have relied on joining this forum to suss out any quirkiness that's particular to this flavour of car.

I saw my niece yesterday, who was the last person to drive the Cmax before all the electrical problems occurred. She told me that her partner has big feet and wears rigger boots, and her son has kicking fit tantrums. Whomever was sitting in the front passenger seat, and kicked off the connector block from its mate, caused issues that nobody could fix.
Joining this club and getting some clues as to where to look was a boon.

I'm beginning to like the borrowed car now, even tho it's not my thing, and shall miss her when she goes

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 06 c max Ghia and have a similar issue with the boot lock in that I can only open it with the boot button on the key fob.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know if its been mentioned but I don't think you can open the boot with engine running which is probably a safety thing. On my car if I drop off a passenger they cant access the boot unless Ive turned the engine off.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts