Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a probem with the rubber button which opens the boot. Its stop working andthe only way to get in the boot is via the keyfob.

Can any one assit on the problem, it on an o6 plate LX

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I mean the latch. When the car is unlocked, the boot doesn't open using the latch. The only way to get in is to press the key fob, boot button. Sometimes that has to be pressed whilst trying to open the latch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fred,

It's a warrantyjob onyour car- there is a microswitch that operates the boot mechanism and it gets water in it and fails. I'm surprised yours has failed so early though.

Some people with cars out of warranty and who don't want to spend money have managed to fix the problem by taking the switch out - drying it out with a hairdryer, sealing it up with bath sealant and refitting it to the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the same thing happened to us today at tesco, we unlocked the car but the boot wouldn't open until i pressed the boot release on the key fob. Its only happened once so far and seems ok now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm getting some good ideas from this site and the posts are comforting - at least now I know I have the same problem and am not alone.

CAn anyone advise how to take the micro-switch out - and indeed, replace it/ new one?
Mine's the 2004 1.8 Zetec.
Many thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts