Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I repaired the micro switch on mine today. After removing the number plate light assembly and unclipping the switch unit i pushed the switch itself out and pulled away the dried decaying rubber seal that covered the soldered wiring connections, it was caked with that green corrosion causing the shorting.
After cleaning it up i pushed the micro switch back into its housing, it has 'stops' to prevent it pushing out the other side, this left a gap above it where the dried old rubber seal should be, i mixed some quick setting araldite and filled the area around the soldered joints to seal them for good. Reconnected to the loom initially to test it and then replaced it properly in the light assembly.
Now working as Ford intended again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 53 plate had the same problem. I dismantled ours only to discover that the microswitch was dead. After looking around in my shed i found a compatible microswitch from a -----computer mouse, I had to pack the back of it with a little piece of plastic and it worked. I sealed the assembly with silicone sealant and used some vaseline around the whole thing to keep moisture out. This little bodge has worked without problem for well over a year now and fingers crossed it will keep working if not I know where to get cheap parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I need to do this but one of the nuts on the bolts holding the boot trim has well and truly rusted itself up and just turns the entire bolt. Any tips on what to do as it's the one to the right of the boot switch (looking from the outside) and the hardest to access! Edited by: isitafox

21 - 25 of 25 Posts