Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H Guys, new here and have a snag that someone may , hopefully , have an answer to.
When I turn the key in the bonnet lock , nothing happens so cannot open bonnet to check levels etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As MM says, turn left first to unlock (make sure you have opened the car by the remote first... if not put your fingers in your ears
) the bonnet then turn the key to the right to release the catch. Make sure you raise the bonnet while the key is still held right.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sounds like the catch is bust.I think a friendly mechanic is your best bet.If you go to fraud,they`ll charge you an arm & a leg.
Actually this happened to my old Audi Quattro and a mate (mechanic) opened it in seconds.This was 20 years ago so I`ve forgotten how he did it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the bonnet catch go on my 2004 TDCi. You could open it by forcing the key in to the lock when turning it. It used to take a couple of attempts but I could get it open eventually.

Although I am not the biggest fan of the Ford garages they did fix this for me during its annual service and only charged me £10-£20. Probably because they did not want my usual complaining

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this exact problem 3 months ago. As you can imagine my bonnet catch had been broken. (Noone knows why). I paid about 90,00 euros for the spare parts and 110,00 euros for the work to be done. Where's the guarantee? Was it my fault? I have the car 4,5 years and I've opened the bonnet 3 times. Could I have broken it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts