Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 'low washer fluid' has just beeped at me on my way home, no problem I thought, until I tried unlocking the bonnet. The key turns and clicks but nothing happens with the bonnet. It did work once upon a time ago because I've had it open before, I recently changed the main beam bulbs and had trouble releasing the lamp unit so had the grill off to give me more room, therefore I had the 'chamber' out of the grill.
Any ideas of a solution? other than a crow bar for all the comedians out there (my father-in-law being one of those)
Cheers

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ohhhhh dear you've got alot of swearing and frustration ahead of you....

If you take the grill off there is a little white piece of lastic that is known to break easily. It connects the key to the bonnet lock. If you take the grill off you've either broken it or not put it back in correctly. You need to unbolt the boot lock but the bolts are all on the engine side. When it happened to me I still had the grill out so I could just reach around. However if the grill is in place I don't see how yo could do it without breaking something.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a problem with the bonnet catch on 2.0TDci. I found that if you rammed the key in hard and turned to pos 1 this quite often worked. Eventually, the Ford garage fixed it when it was in for service. Not sure what they did but it has been fine ever since - probably another duff batch of parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts