Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just acquired a 08 reg C-Max Titanium that has the 5 inch CD/SD navigation system fitted, but alas it does not have Bluetooth. Is it possible to add Bluetooth ? If so what do I need to obtain ? I am not at all interested in the Voice Control system that Bluetooth is often mentioned alongside, but I would like to be able to use my mobile phone handsfree.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi & welcome.There are several Bluetooth kits out there,I know some on here have them.I had one on my C-Max when I got it (I bought the car used) & it was a ford kit fitted by the local dealer.It was badly fitted and caused several problemsresulting in a new alternator.I had it removed asap.I had a bad experience,but don`t be put off by me.I`m sure you`ll get a first class kit very soon
Good luck
MM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MM. Thanks for your quick reply. The navigation unit on my C-Max has the buttons necessary to dial numbers and the manual also gives instructions on how touse a phone via Bluetooth, but I have been through all of the menus and there is no mention of Bluetooth on the screen. So I was thinking that there is a 'module' (and possibly a wiring harness) missing that is needed to make this system work. Any ideas ? or is this only avaiable as a factory fitted unit if I go down the Ford route ?
peterft

·
Registered
2 Posts
Peter
Did you get a satisfactory response to your query? I tried a diffewrent angle on the same query later but no help came back. I too feel it is a pity if all the buttons are there that they seemingly cannot be used. Anyone out there help??? Donald

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Donald,
The only answer I received was the one posted above. My car is going into the Ford garage for its first service next week, I'll ask them if the Bluetooth can be 'retro-fitted' and at what cost. I'll post their reply at the end of next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had Blue Tooth kits in various cars for years and its easy to DIY fit them. I have used Parrot Kits in the past & there website tell you what kit & loom you need to match you phone or car. What I would say is go for the more expensive kit as you get more compatability plusmaybe aexternal arial pumping outsignal off a12V supplyrather than your phones 3v or less.

The kits havea wiring loom and you need to remove the radio and plug the loom in the back of the radio. I have not fitted it in my partners Cmaxyet but I might fit one if she wants it.

The only problem I have had is some times after several months the plug pins slacken off and the unit does not turn on automatic but a simple unplug bend pins and its good for 1 or 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question whether it be the original bluetooth. I have navi and it was this week, I assumed the original bluetooth. Interested?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Peter, i have the same system as you , on your stalk controls for stereo, does it have the voice control button on the top ?? Would of thought it would have the bluetooth already enabled as these head units (blaupunkt, made by Bosch) were a £1000 optional extra ! Great units these mind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts