Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i own a 2007 ford cmax LHD.
Recently no air comes out the vents at any fan settings. I have checked fuses and relays. I have duel climate control. I took out the passenger side glove box just to realize the blower motor and resistor seems to be on the left hand side. In the haynes manuel it says to remove the entire facia including both front doors just to get to the blower motor or resistor. Does anyone have any experience with the blower motor on a left hand drive. I do not know where it is and i refuse to believe its necessary to remove the whole facia?
I hope the resistor is at fault, but i fear the motor might need changing. Changing the motor seems to be even more complex removing the clutch pedal assembly and the entire facia and a special tool to get it out of the housing. Any tips?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would re-check fuses and relays is there a fuse for climate control,? motors do not normally go and when they do they make horrid noises before they die,
And removing the heater motor or matrix is a hideous job on most cars.
I cant honestly remember so don't hold me to this but I believe the resistor controls the lower speeds and full speed bypasses the resistor and so should work.
Have a look at this car and what is involved to get to the heater motor and yours will seem like a walk in the park but I'm sure it won't come to that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I checked the fuses and relays with a multimeter to be sure now. Sadly they all seem good. I was able to acrobatically get a hold of the blower motor plug and measures 12 volts there. Local garage wants 1000 pounds for the job including 500 pounds for a new blower motor. I think alot of youtube later and il attempt to change it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts