Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just changed the fuel filter on my 2004 2.0ltr diesel and having a pig of a job trying to bleed it - doesn't seem to want to self bleed; is there a trick to it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel system bled (eventually)servicing almost complete except for the gearbox oil level; unsure which is the filler hole - but am left with an engine warning light on, everything is connected and working fine, so is there a way of getting rid of the light?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you haven't cleared it yet I did it by pressing and holding the left stalk end button. It may have been a fluke but it worked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Thanks for the info, I did clear it by buying a Fault Code reader that has a ' Clear ' button; but I shall try your way if it happens again! Thanks. have a great New Year.
Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don said:
I've just changed the fuel filter on my 2004 2.0ltr diesel and having a pig of a job trying to bleed it - doesn't seem to want to self bleed; is there a trick to it?
Been trying to change the fuel filter myself today. Any idea how to get the grey clips off that hold on to the fuel filter? Is it a sur-clip? Didn't want to force it to much and have had to put the old one back in for now

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Adge,

I guess you must have changed the fuel filter as you're now trying to bleed it? I can't remember the grey clips, but if it is still a problem then I'll go and have a look. (We are snowed in at the mo')
As for the bleeding of the fuel system: yes, what a pallaver that was; I bought two bulb type hand bleeding pumps from Halfords, one was for a Vauxhall and the other was a general type that I modified to fit between the pipe coming from the tank and the inlet to the fuel filter, pumped until my hand was falling off and fuel eventually got through after cracking the union where the fuel pipe out from the filter goes into a join on the upper right hand side of the engine. Again if you have no joy with the pump get back to me and I'll try to be more detailed ( it's been a while! )
Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don- I hav,nt got the old fuel filter off yet. I have taken the bracket off that holds the filter in place etc but can't disconnect the fuel lines. They are connected by grey plastic elbows onto the filter and i can't get these removed from the filter. I didn't want to force them as i would have been left in trouble if i split them etc. Any idea's how to release them off the filter?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adge,
Just been down to have a look; mine has a black right angle connector on the fuel line fron the tank and a grey one out to the injectors: both have a white strip/insert on the body of the joint at the thick end; these white parts press in to allow the joint to slide of the pipe, don't forget that there's another white insert underneath the joint as well, press them both at the same time, Good luck.
Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes i did notice the white bits and were sure that they were some sort of clip/surclip. Didn't want to be to forceful thogh just incase
.I will have a go again tomorrow when the snow clears
. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh almost forgot-did you manage to get them off by pressing/squeezing with yourhand or did you have to get the grips/pliers to squeeze and release them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Adge,

From memory, no tools at that point, just fingers, a hefty squeeze though - and they just push back on when you're ready.
Stay warm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts