Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been explained before but I have to replace the battery on my 2011 1.6tdi. I thought before I start taking everything off I would ask how do you do it? Does the airfilter box have to be removed and would be good to know how the filter box is attached.

I keep getting told the battery will just slip out without removing anything but that is by no way true.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just had to change my battery due to the alternator failing. I didn't take any pic removing the battery (as the camera battery was dead), but fortunately for you, I did take some pics today while stripping all the stuff out again to fit a new battery (hence why there's no battery shown in the pictures, and the battery cover is still on after I tell you to remove it).

Tools required:
- 7mm, 8mm, and 10mm sockets / spanners;
- 10mm "deep reach" socket;
- Ratchet handle plus a short extension;
- 3 hands or more :rolleyes:

The pictures I've knocked up below say pretty much everything. The only thing you need to know is that dashes (in a circle, box, arrow, etc.) indicate items that are hidden from view in the picture.

Here we go...

You may need to wiggle the Air Filter Housing around a bit in order to get it out, whilst having your "third hand" holding the Air Intake Pipe out of the way as best you can :rolleyes:

Then it's simply a case of pulling the battery towards you to disconnect the negative terminal, and then pulling the battery out altogether ;)

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've updated the PDF file to something a bit more professional looking. It's now slightly smaller in file size (and now only 2 pages), plus with smaller pictures, it'll save a lot of printer ink too ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've updated the PDF file to something a bit more professional looking. It's now slightly smaller in file size (and now only 2 pages), plus with smaller pictures, it'll save a lot of printer ink too ;)
I joined this forum just to say thanks. Just spent an hour removing my air box assembly and getting the battery out. A few minor changes for my Cmax (2016) - e.g. the bolts in step 5 are now 8mm, but this guide was absolute fantastic.

Thanks!

If only I could work out WTF is going on with the electrics, it'd be a perfect day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PDF Guide for the Battery Replacement:

Battery_Replacement.pdf - Click to download (1,209 KB - 3 pages).

:cool:

The guide prints fine in Black and White - just don't use the "Eco print" or "ink saver" options on the printer, or you won't be able to read the smaller text in the pictures ;)

Thank you for this! I’ve had to jumpstart with my new battery, lol. Now I will attempt to do this.

One question though, I noticed the top of the PDF says 2000-2003 model. I read ur comments and they are dated 2016. Which is why I felt so relieved, as I’m having no joy on youtube.

My C Max is 65 plate, looks very similar ( if not the same ).?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts