Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been explained before but I have to replace the battery on my 2011 1.6tdi. I thought before I start taking everything off I would ask how do you do it? Does the airfilter box have to be removed and would be good to know how the filter box is attached.

I keep getting told the battery will just slip out without removing anything but that is by no way true.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just had to change my battery due to the alternator failing. I didn't take any pic removing the battery (as the camera battery was dead), but fortunately for you, I did take some pics today while stripping all the stuff out again to fit a new battery (hence why there's no battery shown in the pictures, and the battery cover is still on after I tell you to remove it).

Tools required:
- 7mm, 8mm, and 10mm sockets / spanners;
- 10mm "deep reach" socket;
- Ratchet handle plus a short extension;
- 3 hands or more :rolleyes:

The pictures I've knocked up below say pretty much everything. The only thing you need to know is that dashes (in a circle, box, arrow, etc.) indicate items that are hidden from view in the picture.

Here we go...

You may need to wiggle the Air Filter Housing around a bit in order to get it out, whilst having your "third hand" holding the Air Intake Pipe out of the way as best you can :rolleyes:

Then it's simply a case of pulling the battery towards you to disconnect the negative terminal, and then pulling the battery out altogether ;)

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've updated the PDF file to something a bit more professional looking. It's now slightly smaller in file size (and now only 2 pages), plus with smaller pictures, it'll save a lot of printer ink too ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've updated the PDF file to something a bit more professional looking. It's now slightly smaller in file size (and now only 2 pages), plus with smaller pictures, it'll save a lot of printer ink too ;)
I joined this forum just to say thanks. Just spent an hour removing my air box assembly and getting the battery out. A few minor changes for my Cmax (2016) - e.g. the bolts in step 5 are now 8mm, but this guide was absolute fantastic.

Thanks!

If only I could work out WTF is going on with the electrics, it'd be a perfect day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PDF Guide for the Battery Replacement:

Battery_Replacement.pdf - Click to download (1,209 KB - 3 pages).

:cool:

The guide prints fine in Black and White - just don't use the "Eco print" or "ink saver" options on the printer, or you won't be able to read the smaller text in the pictures ;)

Thank you for this! I’ve had to jumpstart with my new battery, lol. Now I will attempt to do this.

One question though, I noticed the top of the PDF says 2000-2003 model. I read ur comments and they are dated 2016. Which is why I felt so relieved, as I’m having no joy on youtube.

My C Max is 65 plate, looks very similar ( if not the same ).?

·
Registered
2 Posts
These posts are good for battery removal but has any member seen where the battery as moved to on the last of the models, i.e. 2019 build. Don't know how that comes out. Almost impossible t jump start it as you cannot get cables in.
Also on these late models the oil filter as been moved to the front of the engine.
C-Max Titanium 1.0 built 24/01/2019.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts