Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Guys My 2008 Ford C Max is driving me around the bend......if it could physically at the moment?

The battery is being drain but not constantly? It goes through stages of weeks of doing it. Then i think stops, or we have been using it more and havent noticed it. Its about 500 milliamps constant drain

We think its the instrument cluster may have a problem, as we removed the fuse and it stopped. 107 fuse.
as well as the Audio modules battery supply 112 fuse. So put them back.

Then this time after fiddling it seem to clear itself..... Each time waiting half hour for the dash to go into sleep mode
( 340 milliamps ) so the draw is only down to its minimal draw the end of around 3Millamps which i think is correct?

But then half hour afterwards there was a spike and the dash came on (in the middle) and the spike came back for around 10mins? 500 milliamps Im wondering if this is normal that it comes on at times when locked up?

The simple things like interior lights being left on, has been checked etc. New battery and alternator is charging ok.

Is there anything else i can check...or do i give up and take it to a dealer. and pay a fortune......maybe the instrument panel needs a software upgrade?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any help out there please? Still draining. Ive taken the cluster out, it all looks ok, and does work in that respect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts