Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,, does anyone have any idea why my car after leaving it overnight the battery goes flat.. during the day no problems..there is one thing that is confusing me when i open the bonnet i can hear a very faint noise...from the engine..as though there is something working but how can this be possible when the key isn't in it,. any help or ideas would be nice... regards neo

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
an electrical shirt perhaps
Is it petrol or diesel to give us some idea what under engine items there may be

The first thing i thought of if it;s diesel is one or more glow plugs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry dude in the state i am about this car going flat overnight andthe wife nagging at me to get her to work i forgot to put down what it is...its a c-max 1.6 tdci.but if it is the glow plug which it might be, why should it stay on when the key isn't even in the ignition...?too many electrics i wish i had my old peugot 405 diesel,,,didn't let me down in 7 years this i had for 3 months and let me down twice already. Ill try pulling the fuse out for the glow plug(or relay)and leaving it overnight to see if it has gone flat again. thanks richard regards neo

·
Registered
38 Posts
NEO said:
sorry dude in the state i am about this car going flat overnight andthe wife nagging at me to get her to work i forgot to put down what it is...its a c-max 1.6 tdci.but if it is the glow plug which it might be, why should it stay on when the key isn't even in the ignition...?too many electrics i wish i had my old peugot 405 diesel,,,didn't let me down in 7 years this i had for 3 months and let me down twice already. Ill try pulling the fuse out for the glow plug(or relay)and leaving it overnight to see if it has gone flat again. thanks richard regards neo
Did you sort this?

There was a problem with water ingress in the glow plug relay that is fitted very low down in the front bumper. This causes a battery drain. Ford are aware of this fault.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem seemed to have fixed itself for a while....but then i disconected the battery for some reason and the problem seems to have come back(car battery goes flat overnight)...so what i will do now is disconect theglow plug relay(if i can find it)and see what happens thanks for all your help...sorry for the delay in getting in touch...regards NEO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts