Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
ive got a knocking/clonking from the back of my c max and im not sure where its coming from??

ive checked the spare wheel is secure but it feels more like its underneath the back of the car??

also got a lot of road nosie coming from the back of the car too, could they be related??

thanks

steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Steve,

I had the same problem, checked everything, rear bumper, spare wheel, etc.

Turned out to be the rear tie-rod ends. Replaced them at my local garage for £90, all sorted!

Toady

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mean the little links tha come off the roll bar??? or is it somthing completely different

·
Registered
5 Posts
They're the ones, you can see them clearly looking under the back of the car. You might be able to fell some play in them if you try and move them.

The other thing to check is the rear suspension struts, you can see them if you look under the rear wheel arch. I have one where the cover has become detached from the rubber cover, exposing the piston, this cover is now free to jump up and down making a knocking noise. I need to somehow reattach it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
iwould try tie rods first from a local motor factor should only be about 15 quid each. If you fit them yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts