Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Grand C-max 2Litre Diesel Automatic.2011
Test drove fine and had it about 2-3 weeks now and normally the Mrs Car so i dont drive it but yesterday I drove it and noticed a judder when you pull away from standstill.
doesnt last long just a few seconds, almost feels like a wheelspin in a way. No fault codes or lights.

anyone help ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Test drove fine and had it about 2-3 weeks now and normally the Mrs Car so i dont drive it but yesterday I drove it and noticed a judder when you pull away from standstill.
doesnt last long just a few seconds, almost feels like a wheelspin in a way. No fault codes or lights.

anyone help ?

Thanks in advance.
Hello mate!

Right, I had the same thing.

I'm sorry to say I had it diagnosed as faulty transmission!

2200 to repair. Planet gears Peterborough...

I would stay away from the trip tonics.

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello mate!

Right, I had the same thing.

I'm sorry to say I had it diagnosed as faulty transmission!

2200 to repair. Planet gears Peterborough...

I would stay away from the trip tonics.

Let me know what you think
Just realised you said you just bought it?

Take it back if it's a dealer. If it's private, ask them first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a private sale. The car drove great on the tests drive and also the 300 miles back from Kent where I bought it. So we had it 2 weeks and like i say my 3rd time (Tests Drive & Drive Home) driving it was sunday and I noticed it.

I've heard it could be the adaptive learning of driving style, the woman who had it was a very carefull driver I could tell so im expecting it never went more than 30-40mph. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be, might not. Have you spoken to Ford and asked their professional opinion?

You had the car for a while and just noticed it? What about prior? That's along time for a transmission to read the driver if you ask me.

I'd be very concerned.

Call Planet gears in Peterborough and ask for Roy.

He is an exceptional technician and ring him ASAP.

·
Registered
20 Posts

anyone help ?

Thanks in advance.
We have a 2018 grand c max, nothing bit problems with the automatic gearbox and transmission in last 5 weeks, won't go over 40mph 😢our local Ford dealer looked at it 3 weeks ago, couldn't find anything wrong, we tested it on motorway, and no more than 30mph, took it back this week and today its having a new gearbox🤔they wouldn't believe it shuddered and shook trying to get over 40mph.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 2018 grand c max, nothing bit problems with the automatic gearbox and transmission in last 5 weeks, won't go over 40mph 😢our local Ford dealer looked at it 3 weeks ago, couldn't find anything wrong, we tested it on motorway, and no more than 30mph, took it back this week and today its having a new gearbox🤔they wouldn't believe it shuddered and shook trying to get over 40mph.
Ps it's only got 10,500 on the clock and less than 3 years old, and had it 10 months, we've had to pay for a new battery which was corroded and rocker plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts