Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my CMax Ghia is braked to a halt,it's almost as if the drive has been disconnected, as there's a bit of a jolt - if I've released the footbrake, it's enough to start the car moving again. It is NOT the usual lurch back you get if you brake to a halt that puts everyone back in their seats - it's more of a pull forward. Does anyone know if this isjust a feature of the model or a fault, please?

·
Registered
336 Posts
When you come to a halt in the cmax with autobox the transmission does disconnect the drive to make the car more economical. I suspect this is normal with the new method of cutting drive when idling. You could always ask at the garage if they think its normal.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
have any dealers near you got an auto as a demo model that you could go and try driving, You could allways kid them on about a sale and park your present one well out of site

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lazyb - I probably wasn't being very clear. Just after the car comes to a halt, there's a sort of clunk and the car tries to move forward. It's as though the drive WAS disconnected when slowing down,then re-engages as soon as the car reaches a standstill. I'm so used to the Focus box (we have an 03 plate Focus Estate Auto as well) which is smooth as silk, this seems strange - but I think it is a different model of box, so that could account for it.

Richard G - good idea - I'll have a look/phone around and see if I can locate a similar model for a trial drive.

Thanks, both - much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts