Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post. Recently bought a 67 plate C Max titanium with the convenience pack and there were a couple of things I wasn't sure of and was hoping someone on here could help. Firstly had it a month now and the auto start stop hasn't worked once can anyone tell me if it will definately have been fitted with it. Also it has powerfold mirrors so would these be heated too and if so how can I tell if they were working properly. Had an old Focus up to now but found that the newer ones were hard for me to get in and out of and so opted for the higher C Max but not used to all these new bits on them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Stop/start uses many variables to work. If you do have it, you should have a button somewhere to disable it (near gearstick??). At this time of year you may not see it work due to outside temp, battery charge, battery load, heating requirements etc. Also it will only work with the gear in neutral and foot off the clutch (in the manual, no idea for the powersh*t).
Not sure about mirrors. If you have a heated windscreen, there is a good chance you have heated mirrors. Its usually easy to tell on a frozen morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, my first post. Recently bought a 67 plate C Max titanium with the convenience pack and there were a couple of things I wasn't sure of and was hoping someone on here could help. Firstly had it a month now and the auto start stop hasn't worked once can anyone tell me if it will definately have been fitted with it. Also it has powerfold mirrors so would these be heated too and if so how can I tell if they were working properly. Had an old Focus up to now but found that the newer ones were hard for me to get in and out of and so opted for the higher C Max but not used to all these new bits on them.

Thank you.
Hi mate..does your c max have a stop start override button near gear stick..if it has then you have it..there is a sequence to reset it...its push rear fog light button 5 times then hazard warning button 3 times...sounds daft but I had same problem and this sorted it...look it up on you tube...unsure on heated mirror possibly standard on most models

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for replies. Yes it does have the button for the stop start and also sometimes it comes up with the symbol for it with a line through it on the dash even when it has been running for a while. Tried the sequence to reset and nothing happens and also did what it says in the handbook for using it. Just a few things but as it is still under the ford warranty I thought I should check it out before it runs out. thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
The heated mirrors turn on with the heated rear screen.

The heated front screen is independent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answers. Looks like I will have to wait now before I can get to the dealers to look into these things.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Stop Strain is a wrecking ball contraption , best it's dead .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts